The following non-active projects are archived for research and inquiry; they are no longer being investigated.
- Dangerous Beaches Mapping Project
- The goal of the project is to provide information to the public on beach safety by defining beach hazards and using maps for a visual display of the information.
- California Thinkers
- California Thinkers is a directory of scholars, writers, and culture workers available to speak at or assist with programs at museums, schools, libraries and other cultural and educational events. Each thinker's profile lists their areas of expertise, programming experience, and ways they might participate.
- California Studies Center
- The California Studies Center is a research and programmatic center at UC Berkeley devoted to the study of the State of California. The CSC was established by a group of eminent faculty and staff who felt that scholarship and teaching on California needed a home on campus, in order that they might be promoted with greater vigor, cooperation, and direction.
- Biodiversity Protocols Directory
- Over a period of two and a half years (October 1993 - April 1996,) the Biodiversity & Ethics Working Group of Pew Conservation Fellows contacted 226 organizations whose activities had some relevance to the biodiversity research protocols. This directory summarizes these organizations' guidelines, which may be relevant to biological and cultural research and prospecting.
- Magic Lantern Slides
- The Geography Department has a collection of thousands of turn-of-the-century glass lantern slides as is undertaking an effort to scan them and make them available online.
- Northern California Migration Research Collaborative
- The purpose of the Collaborative is improve the state of knowledge on immigration to the Bay Area and Northern California by improving communication among researchers, sharing information, and encouraging joint work.
- Community profiles - Fremont, California
- A geographic profile of Fremont, California as of Fall 2000, detailing the history, economy, social landscape, governance, land use and planning.